Sunday, August 4, 2013

Finally!!!

After getting our electric service inspection done Aug 10, we were not surprised when the hookup was not done by the following weekend, but after a few phone calls, it was supposed to be done by the end of the next week.  So I went up last weekend a bit ahead of V2, and told myself I would not get my hopes up until I saw the wires connected to the house.  Lo and behold, Number Two Son and I turned into the driveway and saw wires hooked up.  So I opened the camp, made sure the well pump and hot water breakers were off; and turned on the main breaker and the two temporary construction GFI outlet breakers.  Excited, I plug a drill into the outlet and squeeze the trigger.  Nothing.  Well, it's a GFI, maybe I need to reset it.  Nothing.  Breakers on/off?  Still nothing.

Frustrated, I run out to look at the meter and see this:
Notice anything missing?  Like, perhaps, a meter....?
 Thank you, National Gridlock!

After more phone calls, we got up on Friday and actually had a meter.  So we had a lamp plugged in to read by on Friday, then on Saturday morning we turned on the water pump and the hot water.  Our definition of "running water" is no longer sending the kids to the well overflow pipe with a bucket; we can flush the toilet and have hot water at the bathroom sink.

Also on Saturday, we had our structural inspection, plus a neighboring camp had an estate sale, where we managed to grab a bit more furniture:
White couch and armchair courtesy of estate sale... and helpful neighbors with a pickup truck!

Saturday was a lazy day; aside from moving the couch in, we loafed around, watched a triathalon at the lake; had a campfire, played badminton, and looked out at the stars.  
Number Three Son marked out our Badminton court...
Number Two Son with our new (used) wheelbarrow.

Sunday was back to wiring; we are getting closer to completing the rough electric.
Ever seen a meter reading this low?


Puzzle in her crate near the door we got from V2's parents house.
Most circuits are ready and waiting for hookup to breakers.