Tuesday, September 2, 2014

More lights... and half a sink (sort of)

Numbers One and Two Brothers went up last Wednesday night.  Number One Brother had emailed me several pictures so I saw their progress... but they left off a surprise; when we went up Friday night we also found the ceiling fan over the living room all set up.  That means that all the accessible wiring is done; we have to either put up more walls or clean the basement before anything else happens.

So V2 and I decided our priority will be the kitchen sink.  Our countertop is maple, and we managed to get the counter almost ready - a bit more fun with the orbital sander and a few coats of poly and we should be ready to drop in the sink.

Here's the pictures (I missed the ceiling fan, will get that next time).

"before" picture of sink... we knew the brothers had been by (putting up lights for less than a six-pack = good deal!)

Island and peninsula now have outlets (yes, I rough it with a cappuccino maker!)

Bathroom vanity light is in
Front lights!

Back spotlight!

Working on the sink countertop

Mostly ready for the sink