Our lego-trained work crew reviewed, selected, and laid out all the wall panels before lunch - leaving V2 and I struggling with the fussy bit of using the carpenter's square and hammer to actually get stuff tipped up. We had a picnic lunch on the loft, which was a big hit.
After lunch, Grandma and Grandpa stopped up for a visit and to check on our progress (and bring cookies). Since on their last visit all we had up were three posts and no floor, they were suitably impressed. We tipped up one wall section before they left, got a second in place. Then we had the third almost entirely ready when we were hit by a parental energy crisis (by this time all three boys were consuming cookies and reading books in the car). Plus, we had the sudden guilty realization that with the entire family working on the camp, our dog would be just about ready to explode by the time we got home.
So, we have one quick tip up to do first thing tomorrow, the final south wall section laid out and waiting... and then we will move on to the remaining two walls.
Here's a couple shots of today's progress. I wish I'd had the camera for our loft picnic, but once I was up there with my sandwich I had amazingly little incentive to go back down to the car...
| Top of the house - we had finished the catwalk on Friday |
| I think this picture will be framed and hanging in the camp! |
| Two sections up, two almost ready... |